Cold weather comes with all sorts of shortcomings: thermal discomfort, dry skin and lips, frizzy hair or gives us headaches when it comes to choosing what to dress. What I dislike most is the dryness of the lips and skin.
What are the best remedies for chapped lips?
- Coconut oil – works as a real balm for lips. You can use it as a moisturizer because it helps them recover.
- Beeswax – is very good when it comes to chapped lips, so go to a store with natural products and buy some. If you can not find beeswax, honey is equally effective.
- Castor oil – is very effective in treating dry, cracked lips. Coat your lips several times a day with castor oil, for a week, and you will see how their health is regenerated.
- Cucumber – is also a handy solution for chapped, dry lips. Rub a slice of cucumber on your lips several times a day and in a week they will heal.
- Calendula cream -you can apply every morning and evening a small amount of calendula cream on the lips and let the substances to penetrate the skin. Calendula cream has a healing action in depth and moisturizes lips, helping them to regain their beauty.
- Aloe vera – promotes wound healing and maintaining health. Therefore, in order to cure chapped lips, you can try to apply several times a day aloe vera gel.
- Honey and Vaseline. Honey has antibacterial properties and may ameliorate the symptoms of chapped lips. Combined with Vaseline, whose skin-protective effects are well known, greatly increases the effectiveness of the product. Experts recommend to put some honey on your lips and allow it to dry for a few seconds. Without moving the lips, apply the vaseline on the top of the lips. Let this combination to act on the lips for 10-15 minutes. Later, soak a cotton wool in warm water and remove the honey and grease with two movements. For best results and lasting effects, we can apply this method daily for 5 days.